At the sound of the fire alarm:
All work shall cease immediately
- 1. Students should rise and walk single file quietly and in an
- 2. Teachers should turn off the lights/fans and close the door
prior to the following students out of the building.
- 3. Students should walk to the nearest exit as directed by the
fire exit map.
- 4. Students should not stop within 100 feet of a building or 30
feet of a fire hydrant.
- 5. Upon reaching exit area teachers must assure that all
students are out of the building and take class roll to assure all
students are out of classroom and adjoining restrooms.
- 6. No one should be permitted to return to the building until
and "All Clear" announcement is made.
At the sound, "Attention Teachers, weather conditions
are favorable within our area. You will be notified when it
is okay to resume normal activity."
- 1. All outside activity must cease and students should remain
inside the building.
- 2. Teachers and students will remain on alert for tornadoes
At the sound, "Attention Teachers, drop and cover, we
have a tornado alarm."
- 1. Teachers and students need to stop and drop immediately to
their knees and cover their head with their hands.
- 2. Get as close to walls or furniture when possible.
- 3. Remain covered until the "All Clear" is given.
CODE RED LOCK DOWN:
At the sound, "Attention teachers we have a code red
- 1. Students on the outside of the buildings or classrooms shall
immediately enter the nearest occupied building or classroom.
- 2. Teachers must check to insure no students are trapped in the
- 3. Teachers and staff must lock all classrooms, library and
- 4. Teachers must close and cover all windows to block
intruders' view, turn off light, require complete silence, and
ignore any bells.
- 5. Teachers should post themselves near the door and make a
list of missing students.
- 6. Do not open your door until the "All Clear" is given or
someone in authority comes to your door.
- 1. Cease all class work.
- 2. Walk students immediately to the nearest exit in an orderly
- 3. Upon reaching the "safe area" teachers should take
- 4. Teachers and students:
- a. Should not use two-way radios, cordless, or cellular
- b. Should not turn off any electricity.
- c. Should not touch or examine anything.
- 5. Teachers should remain with students and maintain until an
"All Clear" is given.
GADSDEN COUNTY SCHOOL
CRISIS RESPONSE TRAINING
REPORT FOR THE MONTH OF
FIRE ALARM TRAINING PERFORMED
AT 9:30 AM
ELAPSED TIME FOR COMPLETE EVACUATION OF ALL BUILDINGS
2 MINUTES 11
TORNADO WATCH/WARNING TRAINING PERFORMED
January 8, 2013
AT 10:15 AM
CODE RED LOCK DOWN TRAINING PERFORMED
BOMB THREAT EVACUATION TRAINING PERFORMED
ELAPSED TIME FOR COMPLETE EVACUATION OF ALL BUILDINGS ________
SPECIAL NOTE: THE FIRE ALARM TRAINING AND AT LEAST ONE
(1) OTHER TRAINING SECTION
MUST BE COMPLETED.
EQUIPMENT CHECKLIST: THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE IN
PLACE AND WORKING PROPERLY:
1. TWO OR MORE CRISIS RESPONSE PLAN FLIP
2. HANDHELD TWO-WAY
RADIOS x YES
3. ONE WEATHER BAND
YES x NO
4. ONE POWER
5. TWO 6-VOLT
YES x NO
YES x NO
PLEASE EXPLAIN ANY "NO" ANSWERS:
We do not have the following items: flip charts, weather band
radio, 6-volt lanterns, umbrella, nor a bullhorn.
I CERTIFY THE ABOVE LISTED INFORMATION TO BE TRUE